Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break Fun

I have a ton of pictures that I have been meaning to get uploaded to the blog. I'm not very patient about waiting for them to upload so I have been putting it off. Clarissa had a nice little spring break in March. After a week of no school she was looking forward to getting back to her favorite things in school- playing with her friends at recess and lunch.

I had a moment of insanity and decided to take the girls to the Children's Museum on the first Saturday of spring break while Bruce was at work. It was really busy and crowded, but we spent all afternoon there and had a pretty good time.


There is an old train engine by the Children's Museum and the Zoo that Clarissa loves to go see because she can climb inside and pretend she is driving it. Not sure what she was doing in this picture though.

Clarissa has become very concerned about fashion and loves to pick out what she is wearing. She picked out this little ensemble to wear to the museum and there was no changing her mind about the heart leggings that really look like pajamas. But then again, I think she always looks pretty darn cute no matter what.


Clarissa had fun "driving" a Tri-Met bus while I waited at the bus stop.


Addie loved the area with the train sets.



This was Addie's favorite thing though. They have this whole room of water works where the kids can play in the water. Addie found this little spot to play. It was great being able to play in the water all that she wanted. Well, almost all that she wanted. After about an hour I had to drag her away kicking and screaming.





Clarissa thought thought it was pretty cool to get to lay on the crocodile to brush it's teeth with a giant toothbrush.


Addie making me a pretend dinner in the museum's play cafe.


Addie had a blast shopping in the little grocery store. She was so cute pushing the little cart around. She even tried to steal it when it was time to leave.




Addie really didn't care much about the "doctor clinic". That's where she found a computer with a keyboard that was just her height and she was amazed no one even told her not to touch it. Again, I had to drag her away kicking and screaming, but not before she kidnapped a doll that was a patient in the doctor's office.


The featured exhibit was Bob the Builder. Addie is going to be an architect when she grows up. She really enjoyed drawing up her blueprints.




Addie had to push all of the buttons in Bob the Builder's construction equipment.



Clarissa LOVED being the cashier in the store. It was a popular and much coveted spot so she had to wait in line for a turn at it. When she finally got behind the cash register she was very serious and professional.

1 comments:

Gel said...

I have never been to the childrens museum. I really need to go! It looks like so much fun.